The media has cultivated the image of Joe Biden as a kindly, sagacious, calm grandfather. Some venues become utterly sycophantic. Daily Kos:
Joe Biden needs to be the Grandfather for All and welcome the People into the process of participation and action. He has the wisdom of age and the resources of his Presidency. Go to work, Joe – speak to the needs, offer practical ideas, listen to what the People know, and then problem-solve together. Open yourself to a changing America that reflects participation, transparent views, and actions that inspire local involvement under the umbrella of inclusivity and democratic lifestyle choices.
The Wise Old Man, Joe, warns and acts to clear the impediments for renewal. Acknowledge mistakes or unwanted outcomes from your decisions, press your populace to problem-solve solutions, suggest and incentivize ways to capture local attention. Wise Old Men assume a role in the process, not the outcome.
Biden is not a nice man. He has never been a nice man. He is a serial groper and liar. He’s takes to anger quickly but his outbursts are becoming worse and more frequent.
Axios published an article about his anger title “Old Yeller.” It has lots of fun little bits about Biden and how he really treats people. For instance:
- Behind closed doors, Biden has such a quick-trigger temper that some aides try to avoid meeting alone with him. Some take a colleague, almost as a shield against a solo blast.
- The president’s admonitions include: “God dammit, how the f**k don’t you know this?!,” “Don’t f**king bullsh*t me!” and “Get the f**k out of here!” — according to current and former Biden aides who have witnessed and been on the receiving end of such outbursts.
- He’ll grill aides on topics until it’s clear they don’t know the answer to a question — a routine that some see as meticulous and others call “stump the chump” or “stump the dummy.”
Some sound as though they’re still being washed through the Biden BS creator machine, excusing meanness and rudeness as desirable qualities:
- Being yelled at by the president has become an internal initiation ceremony in this White House, aides say — if Biden doesn’t yell at you, it could be a sign he doesn’t respect you.
- “If there is something that’s not in the brief, he’s going to find it,” he said. “It’s not to embarrass people, it’s because he wants to get to the right decision. Most people who have worked for him like the fact that he challenges them and gets them to a better decision.”
More realistically, Biden is a prick
- In January 2022, he was caught on a hot mic calling Fox News’ Peter Doocy a “stupid son of a bitch.”
- Connaughton wrote that as a senator, Biden was an “egomaniacal autocrat … determined to manage his staff through fear.”
- He told of a time during the 2008 presidential campaign when a 23-year-old fundraising staffer got into the car with Biden. “Okay, senator, time to do some fundraising calls,” the aide said. Biden responded by looking at him and snapping: “Get the f**k out of the car.”
The truth is, Biden is an a**hole and had always been an a**hole.
Flashback to 1987, when Joe Biden freaked out at a man who asked him where he went to law school. The entirety of Biden’s response was a lie.
Biden has been an angry, arrogant liar his entire career. pic.twitter.com/r8unTXmCut
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) July 10, 2023
He once touted the virtue of respect for one’s colleagues. Byron York
Joe Biden, January 2020: ‘If you ever work with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect, talk down to someone, I will fire you on the spot. No ifs, ands or buts.’
One more disingenuous aspect of Joe. But Biden is losing his temper more often publicly and his fuse is shorter. This is a sign of his encroaching dementia.
Here King Charles has to lead Biden away from talking to the Honor Guard (who is not supposed to talk) and guide him on
King Charles has trouble getting Biden to move on pic.twitter.com/wSA68xb6VA
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) July 10, 2023
He is incapable of answering numerous questions from the press and cannot function without cue cards. Expect the outbursts to become more and more frequent and vicious. Biden is in a downward spiral which is more likely to accelerate.
I stole the title for this post because I find “Old Yeller” to be highly amusing.
Especially when you remember how it ended.