Adam Schiff is a master of disinformation. He would have made Josef Goebbels proud. For the last few years, Schiff has been the purveyor of the some of the worst assertions and accusations imaginable. He has accused Trump of being a Russian agent, of actively colluding with Russia, of bribery, extortion, campaign finance violations. He claimed to have more evidence of Russian collusion hiding “in plain sight.”
There is just one problem. None of it is true.
Devin Nunes wrote Schiff a letter in which he documented all of the times Schiff was wrong. Schiff claimed:
- FBI and DOJ officials did not omit material information from the FISA warrant.
- The DOJ “made only narrow use of information from [Christopher] Steele’s sources about Page’s specific activities in 2016.”
- In subsequent FISA renewals, DOJ provided additional information that corroborated Steele’s reporting.
- The Page FISA warrant allowed the FBI to collect “valuable intelligence.”
- “Far from “omitting’ material facts about Steele, as the Majority claims. DOJ repeatedly informed the Court about Steele’s background, credibility, and potential bias.”
- The FI31 conducted a “rigorous process” to vet Steele’s allegations, and the Page FISA application explained the FBI’s reasonable basis for finding Steele credible.
- Steele’s prior reporting was used in criminal proceedings.
Nunes then stuffed these down Schiff’s throat:
The IG report has exposed all these declarations as false. Despite your denial of any problems with the FISA warrant, the 16 found:
- Information provided by Christopher Steele played a “central and essential role” in the decision to seek a FISA warrant on Carter Page.
- There were seventeen “significant errors or omissions” in the FISA application and renewals, and the IG did not get satisfactory explanations for them.
- The Crossfire Hurricane team failed to inform the DOJ of “significant information”, and “much of that information was inconsistent with, or undercut” assertions in the FISA applications.
- The FBI relied solely on Steele information for its assertions about Page’s alleged coordination with Russians to hack the 2016 elections.
- The applications omitted information provided to the FBI about Page’s operational contact with another U.S. government agency and the agency’s positive assessment of him. In fact, an FBI official altered an email stating that Page was a source for another government agency in order to have it read the opposite—that he was “not a source.”
- FBI Director James Conley and Deputy Director Andy McCabe sought to include Steele’s reporting in the Intelligence Community Assessment even though the CIA dismissed the Steele information as `Internet rumor.”
- In FBI interviews, Steele’s own sources contradicted information from Steele that was used in the FISA applications.
- The significance of Steele’s prior reporting was ‘-overstated.”
- None of the Steele reporting on Caner Page used in the FISA applications could be corroborated, and some of it contradicted other information in the FBI’s possession.
- The FBI omitted information about Steele’s bias provided by DOJ official Bruce Ohr.
- The applications omitted exculpatory statements by Page and others.
- The FBI failed to reveal in the applications that the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary’ Clinton campaign were receiving and/or funding Steele’s work through Fusion UPS.
And these Schiff accusations went down his throat as well:
- Carter Page had a secret meeting with Rosneft CEO Igor Sechin.
- Sechin offered Page a brokerage fee involving the sale of 19 percent of Rosneft.
- Russians offered the Trump campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton in exchange for the Trump administration adopting policies favorable to Russia
- Paul Manafort chose Page to act as a go-between for the Trump campaign and Russia.
Despite this, Schiff cannot bring himself to admit how wrong he was, not with Chris Wallace
.@DevinNunes was right from the start: bad actors at the FBI abused FISA to spy on @realDonaldTrump's campaign.
Schiff had the SAME info as Nunes, yet wrote a false report he still won't fully admit was a fraud.
And he's the guy Dems trust to run impeachment? Give me a break. pic.twitter.com/QCTPpdn3LS
— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) December 15, 2019
And not with George Stephanopoulos
ABC’s @GStephanopoulos confronted Democrat Rep. Adam Schiff for making false claims about the Russia investigation and FISA application, yet Schiff REFUSES to admit he was wrong. pic.twitter.com/J0ibTHAnAg
— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) December 15, 2019
But this is the biggest Schiff lie of all:
“I’m certainly willing to admit that the inspector general found serious abuses of FISA that I was unaware of.”
Unaware of? Schiff had all of the information that Devin Nunes had. Every single bit of it. Instead of acknowledging it and repairing the situation, Schiff went on a crusade to destroy Nunes and deny this was the truth.
Adam Schiff is a liar of galactic proportions. He has done the country major harm and truly ought to be held accountable for it. Fortunately, his constituents are getting fed up with him:
Oh hell Yeah 😱. They👇🏻called him out on his bull💩
What’s the matter @RepAdamSchiff, ya don’t like it when #WeThePeople stand up & call you’re arse out 😱?
Something tells me this is just the beginning 😲 and you deserve every last little bit of it 👊pic.twitter.com/LnWbXSbhoo
— Todd With Trump (@THeinrich22) December 15, 2019
You have to wonder- why did Schiff and Comey lie as they did? Did they really believe they could snuff the life out of the truth? Did they believe they could kill the truth, bury it and keep it buried forever?
Would it not have been smarter to take the early hit and come clean instead of seeing their reputations destroyed and be seen as corrupt and dishonest from now on?
Maybe it’s a democrat thing. I don’t know. Even Nixon knew when to stop.
It’s time for democrats to abandon schiff.
He is just some guy who should be in an asylum.
No, it’s not. It’s a Constitutionally-approved way of removing a President.
I enjoyed his Town Hall Meeting yesterday. It sounded like his voters were through with him too.
Think about the mental disorder of projection: presuming all other people are doing all the bad things you, yourself do.
Dems, like Schiff and deep state, assumed that, given time and the right to spy on Trump, he would be found out in some major crime.
Of course the Dems already had NSA records of everything Trump and his campaign did, but, to make it legal, they had to cover their illegal spying with a legal FISA warrant.
They looked and looked but could not find felonies, sex scandals, closeted behavior, etc.
So, finally, knowing they could be exposed for their illegal doings, they simply had to go forward with weak tea.
A vapid case relying on the fact that they, themselves refused to wait on the courts, nearly turning defending oneself into an impeachable offense.
So, they went thru the motions, hoping to shame Trump into resigning.
Hoping the polls would go in their favor.
None of it has worked.
Now they are going thru the motions as their party implodes.
Hitler was a Vegan a Gun Control Advocate a Animal Lover a opposed smoking was sinto eastern mysticism and was a big time Enviromentalist’s He would fit in well with todays liberals
Why do they need to lie at all? I mean, apparently, the facts are all over the place showing how corrupt Trump is corrupt… WHY LIE?
Schiff has been exposed as a prize-winning liar numerous occasions and Democrats just love him. Because he lies for their ideology.
there is no cure for a pathological liar. he demonstrates paranoid schizophrenia traits in his speech patterns. he is very unstable and a misogamist.
he did love his drugs-morphine
Wrong. The CONSTITUTIONAL method requires an impeachable offense be committed. This is an infantile tantrum to achieve a political end. Anyone that supports this has no respect for the Constitution whatsoever.
Funny how the anti-Constitution Democrat Party suddenly pretends to love it.
The impeachment process is political, and it doesn’t have the normal legal protections that would cover any citizen. There’s a lot of things in our Democracy that rely on unspoken understandings and codes of honor.
Impeachment is one, because any party could misuse it…as the Democrats are doing.
I think, as in Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia, that many of the Dems think they are doing the right thing and aren’t in violation of common morality. It’s been slow decline for them, and they just aren’t self-aware.
In this case, and Constitutional method for removing the president, dependent on a fair modicum of due process and objectivity, is being use illegally by a party who even said it shouldn’t be used in the way they are using it.
@Nathan Blue: Make no mistake, NO Democrats believe they are doing anything noble or right. They would be LYING about every motivation for it if they believed they had any justification.
More, though the media has made a career of supporting this coup, very few people who support it do so out of any commitment to defending the law and Constitution; it’s all about vengeance for them all. Those coming on here have no allusions that they are on the side of right.
Note how, when presented with questions these leftists simply ignore them. They have no answers, they can’t square their support for impeachment with the total lack of any evidence. No one believes in this; they only see an act of vengeance. Everything they support goes AGAINST the Constitution.
They don’t mean well by any means.