Posted by Curt on 9 December, 2015 at 4:41 pm. 13 comments already!
Mark Steyn rebukes democrats in climate hearing: ‘You’re effectively enforcing a state ideology’
by Curt | Dec 9, 2015 |
Two must view videos from yesterday’s hearing:
Not only enforcing a state ideology, but one that they don’t even believe will do a bit of good!
It is a religion, set up by the federal government. Those two were heretics. If we dont act now this could end up like the extinction of the great lake whales all killed to power the sailing ships!
How long will it take you to figure out that the real global warming hoax is the one funded by a powerful consortium of special interests that are more interested in protecting their profits in the short term than the best interests of humanity in the long term? Do you not understand that, for some, wealth and power are all that matter, and that any truths threatening them are things to be attacked and destroyed?
Science is not a state ideology. It’s a tool for understanding reality.
The Sound of Silence
@Greg: Science is not a state ideology.
Why wont NOAA provide the methods that helped them determine that there is global warming? This study was fully government funded and congress wants to know why if there is no rise in temperatures in 18 years and the ice caps are growing what data and how they came to the conclusion.
True scientists do not say the debate is over, they never claim proven science. C02 is a gas in the makeup of our atmosphere plants need it to survive, then expel o2 as a byproduct. Climate changes it goes in cycles. Volcanos, the sun, ocean currents all have an effect. Its about power, how long before only the government and its employees are allowed to drive, use AC. Its another ruse like the oil crises in the days of Carter, back then we were going into an Ice age and with no oil freeze to death.
The scientists havent with billions of tax dollars proved anything. EPA is out of control, and being sued by many states. Follow the money.
“Climate change” is a theory for which there is “no scientific proof at all” says the co-founder of Greenpeace. And the green movement has become a “combination of extreme political ideology and religious fundamentalism rolled into one.”
1. The concentration of CO2 in the global atmosphere is lower today, even including human emissions, than it has been during most of the existence of life on Earth.
2. The global climate has been much warmer than it is today during most of the existence of life on Earth. Today we are in an interglacial period of the Pleistocene Ice Age that began 2.5 million years ago and has not ended.
3. There was an Ice Age 450 million years ago when CO2 was about 10 times higher than it is today.
4. Humans evolved in the tropics near the equator. We are a tropical species and can only survive in colder climates due to fire, clothing and shelter.
5. CO2 is the most important food for all life on earth. All green plants use CO2 to produce the sugars that provide energy for their growth and our growth. Without CO2 in the atmosphere carbon-based life could never have evolved.
6. The optimum CO2 level for most plants is about 1600 parts per million, four times higher than the level today. This is why greenhouse growers purposely inject the CO2-rich exhaust from their gas and wood-fired heaters into the greenhouse, resulting in a 40-80 per cent increase in growth.
7. If human emissions of CO2 do end up causing significant warming (which is not certain) it may be possible to grow food crops in northern Canada and Russia, vast areas that are now too cold for agriculture.
8. Whether increased CO2 levels cause significant warming or not, the increased CO2 levels themselves will result in considerable increases in the growth rate of plants, including our food crops and forests.
9. There has been no further global warming for nearly 18 years during which time about 25 per cent of all the CO2 ever emitted by humans has been added to the atmosphere. How long will it remain flat and will it next go up or back down? Now we are out of the realm of facts and back into the game of predictions.
That’s a real grab-bag of claims and assertions, isn’t it? Cut and pasted from Breitbart, I assume, or somewhere else where Patrick Moore’s list has appeared.
Pardon me if I am somewhat skeptical of statements made by this prominent Canadian climate change skeptic. He also claims that the widely used Monsanto herbicide glyphosate is totally harmless to humans and the environment, and asserted during a television interview that he could drink an entire quart of it without ill effect. W.H.O. lists glyphosate as a probable carcinogen. Monsanto has evidently known this for over 30 years.
The EPA is not where the danger is coming from. The function of the EPA is to deal with the danger. They don’t always get it totally right, but no one ever does. The point is that their function is to protect the public and the environment from those that don’t really give a rat’s ass about the environment or public safety, unless their indifference somehow affects their profit margin.
@Greg: Yeah, kitt is just making stuff up, yet there has been no warming for 18 years and we have more ice earlier covering the poles than every before… in direct contradiction to the warming fear-mongers predictions.
Stop being so crazy, kitt.
There is more ice covering the poles in some years and less in others, but the long-term trend, which is what actually matters is toward less ice, just as the long-term temperature trend reflects global warming.
@Greg: I had no problem finding facts that back my argument go cut and paste some to back yours. Something about cow farts ending the planet.
What happened to NO ice? You miss the point.
You’d think a simple chart might give people pause for thought.
@Greg: No more so than the phony, purpose-generated climate models the climate scammists use.
If the latest in scientific instraments are not taken into account your chart is fine but satelite data and the newest climate tracking instraments say the science is far from settled.
There are more polar bears than when Gore announced they would be extinct the scientist admitted he lied.
Its a theory Greg a theory, I have a theory about liberals and head injury as a baby but it isnt proven.