POTUS on Charlottesville: "What about the alt-left that came charging at…the alt-right, do they have any semblance of guilt?…they do" pic.twitter.com/EVWHHp3hMa
— ABC News (@ABC) August 15, 2017
Full presser here.
YouTube link here.
Some of the things he says:
* When asked about a claim that the “alt-right” is pushing attacks against McMasters, Trump says, “Why said that? You mean Senator McCain? The one who voted against Obamacare?”
* He then asks the press to define “the alt-right,” and asks about the “alt-left which came charging at them.”
* Notes that there’s a very violent “alt-left” and the media refuses to even mention that. Goes on: “You had a group on the other side who came charging in without a permit, and they were very, very violent.”
* Tells a guy — probably Jim Acosta — to shut up, then calls him “Fake News.” It’s something like “You quiet down FakeNews.”
* On statues, which Jim Acosta, I’m given to understand, is a great fan of, and leftists pulling them down, wants to know if George Washington and Thomas Jefferson are next.
* The media continued to ask many arguments on behalf of their pet stormtroopers, “antifa.” People asked arguments about the “alt-left” (antifa) and the white supremacists not being “on the same moral plane.” The media are obviously great fans of antifa, and is not even pretending to pretend they’re not great fans.
* On statues being pulled down, and whether George Washington is next: “They’re changing our culture, they’re changing our culture.”