Yesterday was a great day. Flynn has been freed. The DOJ has dropped the Flynn prosecution.
The Justice Department on Thursday moved to drop its case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, in a stunning development that comes after internal memos were released raising serious questions about the nature of the investigation that led to Flynn’s late 2017 guilty plea of lying to the FBI.
The announcement came in a court filing “after a considered review of all the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information,” as the department put it. DOJ officials said they concluded that Flynn’s interview by the FBI was “untethered to, and unjustified by, the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation into Mr. Flynn” and that the interview was “conducted without any legitimate investigative basis.”
Flynn was set up. Two years ago I said Flynn was caught in a perjury trap.
Trust us, the FBI said to Flynn. You don’t need a lawyer.
You might also remember that obama fired Michael Flynn. Here’s why- almost five years ago I wrote this:
Obama had been warned three times about ISIS, including a warning from Lt. Gen Michael Flynn:
On Feb. 11, 2014, the Pentagon’s top intelligence official, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, warned the group would likely attempt to take over even more territory.
“ISIL probably will attempt to take territory in Iraq and Syria to exhibit its strength in 2014, as demonstrated recently in Ramadi and Fallujah, and the group’s ability to concurrently maintain multiple safe havens in Syria,” Flynn told the Senate Armed Services Committee.
Michael Flynn was the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency from 2012-2014, and was appointed by Obama. Flynn has been very critical of Obama’s disastrous Middle East policies. Flynn asserts that arming and funding ISIS was a “willful decision”:
And I wrote this
PS: Gen. Flynn has called for Hillary Clinton to be stripped of her security clearance. It’s likely only a matter of time before Flynn is visited by the IRS or is suddenly embroiled in some curious affair.
Now superimpose that on obama warning Trump about Flynn
“Stay away from Michael Flynn”
Trump was going to hire Flynn, so the FBI set a perjury trap for Flynn.
And obama knew.
President Obama was aware of the details of then-incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn’s intercepted December 2016 phone calls with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, apparently surprising then-Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, according to documents released Thursday as exhibits to the government’s motion to dismiss the Flynn case.
Obama’s unexpectedly intimate knowledge of the details of Flynn’s calls, which the FBI acknowledged at the time were not criminal or even improper, raised eyebrows because of his own history with Flynn — and because top FBI officials secretly discussed whether their goal was to “get [Flynn] fired” when they interviewed him in the White House on January 24, 2017
obama wanted Flynn crippled so he could not disclose what he knew of obama’s deceits. Flynn knew where the bodies were buried. He had to be set up. Now there is no question that the Jan.5 2017 meeting was about how to frame Flynn.
At that point, the documents showed, “Yates had no idea what the president was talking about, but figured it out based on the conversation. Yates recalled Comey mentioning the Logan Act, but can’t recall if he specified there was an ‘investigation.’ Comey did not talk about prosecution in the meeting.”
The exhibit continues: “It was not clear to Yates from where the President first received the information. Yates did not recall Comey’s response to the President’s question about how to treat Flynn. She was so surprised by the information she was hearing that she was having a hard time processing it and listening to the conversation at the same time.”
How they went about it is well, criminal.
- FBI policy requires 302 forms to be submitted within five working days of an interview. The FBI took three weeks to deliberate on and compose Flynn’s 302 form, and it was mislabeled a “DRAFT DOCUMENT,” requiring a resubmission of the form three months later.
- Other messages reveal that Page, who did not attend the interview, reviewed the 302 form and made editing suggestions. On February 14, Page texts Strzok, “Is Andy good with the 302?” – presumably referring to FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe. The next day, February 15, the Flynn 302 was officially submitted and filed with the FBI.
- FBI supervisors, however, are not supposed to rewrite other agents’ 302 forms. Nor are 302 forms supposed to be edited by FBI personnel who were not present at the interview, and both of these things happened in the Flynn case.
- Both former agents also expressed concern that Page, who was not present at the interview, was editing the 302 form against FBI protocol. “For [Strzok] to send that 302 to Lisa Page, a non-badge wearing, non-credential-having FBI agent, is unconscionable,” says Galiano.
- Even after the Flynn 302 was collectively written during the weeks-long delay in submission, the original wasn’t initially used in the case. Instead, Baker said, Mueller’s team submitted their own interview with Strzok “about his recollection of the interview with Flynn five or six months ago. Now that’s just bizarre.”
- On May 4, Republican Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio and Mike Johnson of Louisiana sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray demanding, among other things, that he make Pientka available for a transcribed interview regarding Flynn.
You may also remember James Clapper directing his toy David Ignatius of the Washington Post to “take the kill shot” on Flynn. The execrable James “Slimy” Comey bragged about he was able to set Flynn up. There was absolutely NO REASON to send agents to interrogate Flynn. The Flynn-Kislyak transcript was in hand. The only reason to send them was to By threatening to ruin Flynn’s son Mueller’s rabid and mendacious team coerced Flynn into pleading guilty to something that wasn’t a crime.
Who framed Michael Flynn? We now have that answer. All the pieces of the puzzle are in place and it begins with obama.
So now if I’m Trump I appoint a task force to investigate the abuse of power by the FBI, the CIA and Adam Schiff.
With Michael Flynn in charge.
The party is just beginning.