Donald Trump raised a lot of left wing eyebrows about a statement he made about Sweden.
“We’ve got to keep our country safe,” he said. “You look at what’s happening in Germany. You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what’s happening in Brussels. You look at what’s happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris.”
CNN jumped all over it:
President Donald Trump’s reference to “what’s happening last night in Sweden” during a Saturday rally in Florida raised questions in Sweden and around the internet about what he really meant and where he gets his information.
He clearly was referring to what happens in countries that allow unchecked numbers of immigrants who come from extremely disparate cultures and specifically to an interview between Tucker Carlson and Ami Horowitz.
Ami Horowitz‘s film documents Sweden’s open door policy where refugees are concerned, as well as the unprecedented rise in crime seemingly as a result. He goes on to detail that the Swedish government is, by and large, trying to cover up the insurgence in crime.
Mediaite then goes on to bash Trump while glossing over the tragedy ongoing in Sweden.
Sweden is the rape capital of Europe. Go ahead. Google it. From the UK Independent
From the IB Times UK:
Sweden has the highest rate of rape in Europe, with the UN reporting 69 rape cases per 100,000 inhabitants in 2011, according to author and advocate of power feminism Naomi Wolf on opinion website Project Syndicate.
In 2010, Swedish police recorded the highest number of offences – about 63 per 100,000 inhabitants – of any force in Europe. That was the second highest in the world after Lesotho.
“According to rape crisis advocates in Sweden, one-third of Swedish women have been sexually assaulted by the time they leave their teens. According to a study published in 2003, and other later studies through 2009, Sweden has the highest sexual assault rate in Europe, and among the lowest conviction rates,” Wolf wrote.
A 2010 Amnesty report said: “In Sweden, according to official crime statistics, the number of reported rapes has quadrupled during the past 20 years. In 2008, there were just over 4,000 rapes of people over 15, the great majority of them girls and women.”
From the Gatestone Institute:
- Forty years after the Swedish parliament unanimously decided to change the formerly homogenous Sweden into a multicultural country, violent crime has increased by 300% and rapes by 1,472%. Sweden is now number two on the list of rape countries, surpassed only by Lesotho in Southern Africa.
- Significantly, the report does not touch on the background of the rapists. One should, however, keep in mind that in statistics, second-generation immigrants are counted as Swedes.
- In an astounding number of cases, the Swedish courts have demonstrated sympathy for the rapists, and have acquitted suspects who have claimed that the girl wanted to have sex with six, seven or eight men.
- The internet radio station Granskning Sverige called the mainstream newspapers Aftonbladet and Expressen to ask why they had described the perpetrators as “Swedish men” when they actually were Somalis without Swedish citizenship. They were hugely offended when asked if they felt any responsibility to warn Swedish women to stay away from certain men. One journalist asked why that should be their responsibility.
Here is list of sexual offenses by year in Sweden:
Which correlates pretty much directly with another stat:
The rate of rape in Sweden has tripled in ten years.
A Swedish police investigator triggered a media tsunami with a Facebook post linking violent crimes with immigrants. Peter Springare received an outpouring of support from fellow officers and common Swedes, as well as some accusations of racism.
Springare is a senior investigator at the serious crimes division at the Örebro Police Department with 47 years under his belt. In the Saturday post he said what he was going to say would not be politically correct and that saying such things could harm an officer’s position or pay grade, but he was about to retire and didn’t care.
And sometimes worse than ostracize:
In fact, the truth seems very inconvenient for Sweden’s multiculturalist program. So much so, that the nation’s complicit media will tell bold-faced lies to advance it. For example, Carlqvist and Hedegaard point out that a brutal gang rape aboard a Finnish ferry this month was reported by the following newspapers thus:
• “Several Swedish Men Suspected of Rape on the Finland Ferry” (Dagens Nyheter).
• “Six Swedish Men Raped Woman in Cabin” (Aftonbladet).
• “Six Swedes Arrested for Rape on Ferry” (Expressen).
• “Eight Swedes Suspected of Rape on Ferry” (TT – the Swedish News Agency).
The problem? All the suspects were Muslim — and all were foreign nationals, having no Swedish citizenship. This didn’t stop the media from turning them into “honorary Swedes,” however.
Oh, when journalists from Aftonposten and Expressen were asked by Internet radio station Granskning Sverige about this blatantly dishonest reportage, they said it was “irrelevant” and that they were “offended” at the suggestion they had a responsibility to tell women the truth. As Carlqvist and Hedegaard wrote:
One journalist asked why that should be their responsibility.
“If the women knew, then perhaps they would have stayed away from these men and avoided being raped,” said the reporter from Granskning Sverige. Whereupon the journalist slammed down the phone.
Sweden, like other European countries, is willing to sacrifice its female citizenry for the sake of political correctness.
Trump, as he usually does, has a point. There’s a lesson here. The real question is- will the US take a hint? Problem is, the media wants you to focus on the semantics and not the issue. And Swedish liberals don’t want anyone to know the truth.
I feel like I’ve written about this before.