This translated Saddam Document tells us a couple interesting things. First it talks about hiding their Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear weapons from a possible attack by the west. The document is undated so this may not be that important but the real importance of this memo is the way the Iraqi’s were able to find out about a possible attack.
This document ISGZ-2004-007589 is an undated Top Secret and Immediate memo sent by the Director of Iraqi Intelligence to the Military Industrialization Commission asking warning them about potential military attacks by the West against Nuclear, Chemical, and Long Range Missile Sites and he asked them to do what they can to hide these targets in order to prevent the air strikes from succeeding in hitting the targets . What is also interesting in this document that the Iraqi Intelligence Service obtained the information from a Double Agent who was given the information of the attack targets by Western Intelligence Services and was asked to spy on their behalf to monitor these targets.
Beginning of the translation
In the Name of God the Most Merciful The Most Compassionate
The Republic of Iraq
The Presidency of the Republic
The Intelligence Service
Top Secret and Immediate
To: The Military Industrialization Commission
We learned from one of our sources working overseas that the Western Intelligence Services are working on gathering information on some military and scientific targets in the country, and the mentioned source provided us with a map of the target that he was assigned to collect the information about when he was in the country, we will list for you below in order to know these interests and also maneuver to change the places of these targets according to the capability to prevent the opportunity for the enemies and make their plans unsuccessful and according to what follows:
1. These Services showed him a map of the Nuclear Sites in the country and our source noticed that the majority of these sites fall near of the Mosel area and the Tigris River and some of it in the limits of the City of Baghdad.
2. Another map shown on it the Chemical Sites and most of it fall in thr suburbs of Baghdad in the North of City and its South, knowing that the indicated sites in North Baghdad are more than in its South and indicated on it some of the sites in the city of Mosul.
3. The third map shown on it the locations of the Long Range Missiles.
4. A photo captured by Satellites for the area of Baji where it was clarified on it the vineyards that fall in the triangle of Karkuk-Mosul road after the gate of Baghdad and that in these vineyards are hidden important missiles and military equipments. And they asked him to go to the area and observe of it was well protected by military sectors and if there are helicopters in the area.
5. There is in the areas of AL Mahaweel and Jabla hidden Missiles and in large quantities.
6. There is a storage for Chemical Materials in the area of Al Mahmoodia.
7. There is near the Baghdad-Fallujah road and near the control of Fallujah a non operating Cement factory used to store Chemical Materials. Observe if there is protection for the factory.
8. Missiles were hidden in the triangle near the Presidential Palace and near Saddam International Airport.
9. There is a laboratory to test missiles in the AL Amerya area,
10. There is a secret airport dedicated for emergency hidden in it (65) Missiles.
11. Chemical Materials from the assembly of AL Qaaqaa and hide in the industry school in Al Mussayeb and in the Agriculture school in Al Youssifiya and other particular schools in AL Mahmoodia
12. The area of Al Taji (Al Tarmia Triangle)
13. The area of AL Sarsar ( Al Sarsar Mount) North West the mountain slope (Touristic area)
14. Missiles were hidden in the Biji Refinery.
Please review? with regards
The Director of the Intelligence Service.
End of translation
I wonder if Jane Fonda ever sat on one of their gun turrets?
Document written sometime before March 5, 2003
The first document (CMPC-2003-001950) is a handwritten account of a meeting with the Russian ambassador that details his description of the composition, size, location and type of U.S. military forces arrayed in the Gulf and Jordan. The document includes the exact numbers of tanks, armored vehicles, different types of aircraft, missiles, helicopters, aircraft carriers, and other forces, and also includes their exact locations. The ambassador also described the positions of two Special Forces units.
One in the same?
Jveritas is trying to narrow down the date by comparing handwriting on different memos and believes this document may have been written in 1998:
Again I found very identical handwriting between the above document and document ISGP-2003-00009914 page 75. The memo in page 75 of ISGP-2003-00009914 was dated April 1998 so we can conclude it was Majid Hasan Al-Majid. If someone is an expert in handwriting, and hopefully he or she can compare Arabic handwriting, then it will help to compare these two documents and check if my conclusion is correct.
If this is the true date maybe its related to this MASSIVE attack Clinton ordered…cough:
Dec 16, 1998
CLINTON: Good evening.
Earlier today, I ordered America’s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq’s nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.
He is talking about Operation Desert Fox:
Operation Desert Fox was the military codename for a major three-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets from December 16-December 18, 1998 by the United States and United Kingdom. These strikes were ordered by the President Bill Clinton and were undertaken in response to Iraq’s continued failure to comply with United Nations Security Council resolutions as well as their interference with United Nations Special Commission inspectors.
Until we confirm the date of the memo it’s all speculation.
On a unrelated note, while doing some research on this story I came across this blurb from Wikipedia about Operation Desert Fox:
According to published reports, Saddam Hussein immediately sought revenge against the U.S. in a manner that would allow him to deny responsibility. They claim that Saddam sought to direct terrorist organizations to attack U.S. targets. Farouk Hijazi, Iraq’s ambassador to Turkey, reportedly met with bin Laden. (, ) Corriere della Sera, a Milan newspaper, translated by the CIA, reads: ?Saddam Hussayn and Usama bin Ladin have sealed a pact. Faruk Hidjazi, the former Director of the Iraqi Secret Services and now the country?s Ambassador to Turkey, held a secret meeting with the extremist leader on 21 December.? The newspaper had direct quotes from Hijazi without specifying the source of the quotes. (Page 328)(PDF)
Things that make you go hmmm.