We must not forget the heroic words of Nancy Pelosi in 2006, when she vowed that if she became Speaker of The House that she would, “drain the swamp of corruption.” It was a noble phrase that Americans were waiting to hear and Nancy surely paid a speech writer well for his effort. The phrase could have been a pledge to be honored, bringing bothb honor and integrity to a House that has been marred with corruption and scandal. Instead, it became another empty slogan of a campaign, to be forgotten amid wars and an increasingly vulnerable economy. Unfortunately, the dirty Weiner arose from his pulpit of sanctimonious indignation and served to remind the public of the outrageous hyperbole of Pelosi’s proclamation.
Posts Tagged: Nitwits in congress
- on You Don’t Know What Obama Said at the Mosque -
- on The Left Has Two Huge Advantages, and I Have No Idea How we Overcome Them (Part 2 of 5) -
- on John Kasich Is Not the ‘Electable’ Republican -
- on GOP Debate on the Waterboarding Issue -
- on Don’t tell Bernie Sanders, but capitalism has made human life fantastically better. Here’s how -