We must not forget the heroic words of Nancy Pelosi in 2006, when she vowed that if she became Speaker of The House that she would, “drain the swamp of corruption.” It was a noble phrase that Americans were waiting to hear and Nancy surely paid a speech writer well for his effort. The phrase could have been a pledge to be honored, bringing bothb honor and integrity to a House that has been marred with corruption and scandal. Instead, it became another empty slogan of a campaign, to be forgotten amid wars and an increasingly vulnerable economy. Unfortunately, the dirty Weiner arose from his pulpit of sanctimonious indignation and served to remind the public of the outrageous hyperbole of Pelosi’s proclamation.
Posts Tagged: Nitwits in congress
blog advertising is good for you
- on How We Win Matters: Observations on the Recent SCOTUS Decisions (Guest Post) -
- on Obamacare, Gay Marriage and Disparate Impact – 25 Hours Which Will Live in Infamy -
- on Liberal Justice – ‘Death Penalty Is Cruel’ … Scalia Responds -
- on The Church Will Survive Gay Marriage if It Sticks to Its Guns -
- on Supremes knock down crippling regulations in Michigan v. EPA -