We must not forget the heroic words of Nancy Pelosi in 2006, when she vowed that if she became Speaker of The House that she would, “drain the swamp of corruption.” It was a noble phrase that Americans were waiting to hear and Nancy surely paid a speech writer well for his effort. The phrase could have been a pledge to be honored, bringing bothb honor and integrity to a House that has been marred with corruption and scandal. Instead, it became another empty slogan of a campaign, to be forgotten amid wars and an increasingly vulnerable economy. Unfortunately, the dirty Weiner arose from his pulpit of sanctimonious indignation and served to remind the public of the outrageous hyperbole of Pelosi’s proclamation.
Posts Tagged: Nitwits in congress
blog advertising is good for you
- 6 Liberalism Good and Not-So-Good? It Depends On Which Kind! (Guest Post)
- 17 Why Do Leftists Love The Death Tax So?
- 11 Don’t the Turkish clerics have something better to do? (Guest Post)
- 9 Hillary: On the road learning to fake sincerity and humility
- 12 “Mr. Smith, do you still beat your wife?” and other lies the GOP must contend with in order to win in 2016
- on Liberalism Good and Not-So-Good? It Depends On Which Kind! (Guest Post) -
- on Newsweek: Largest individual donor to Clinton Foundation has trade ties to Iran -
- on Hillary versus any likely GOP nominee is a toss-up -
- on Judicial Watch: FBI Holds ‘Special’ Meeting After ISIS Report -
- on Did FBI Director Comey Deliberately Mislead on ISIS Recruitment of Americans Before Mid-Term Elections? -