Freedom of Conscience
- She told a women’s conference that “deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed” in order to expand abortion and contraception. USA Today As President, she would shred First Amendment rights to religious liberty and freedom of conscience, which the Supreme Court recently reaffirmed in the Hobby Lobby case. If Hillary had her way, even nuns would be forced to provide abortion and contraception. Deseret News
- She championed UN Human Rights Resolution 16/18 which places curbs on free speech in the name of religious tolerance. The Resolution’s “incitement to violence” standard is key. It reads OK to the untrained eye, but is defined in another UN document more broadly as including any advocacy of mere ‘hostility’ or ‘discrimination’. This more sweeping definition is a direct assault on free speech rights. Moreover, the overall construct gives a heckler’s veto – speech is prohibited and punishable if anyone, anywhere reacts to it for any reason with violence – something over which, obviously, the speaker has no control. Phony, staged Muslim “Days of Rage” are a known phenomenon that would kill free speech under this standard. Bottom line: Resolution 16/18 is completely incompatible with U.S. free speech rights, but Clinton has been out front on it. See The Blaze
- She said she would take executive action to extend the reach of laws that Congress specifically wrote for gun stores to gun shows and online sellers. Bloomberg “The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment,” she has unilaterally proclaimed. American Military News
- “I have said that if we cannot get comprehensive immigration reform …, then I will go as far as I can, even beyond President Obama….” RealClear Politics
- She pushed the Obama administration to initiate the Libyan war without congressional approval or authorization. The Federalist
Authoritarian to her Fingertips
- “We’re going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.” Townhall
- “No. We just can’t trust the American people to make those types of choices…. Government has to make those choices for people.” Townhall
- Hillarycare (her secretive 1993 proposal to nationalize all of healthcare)
- written behind closed doors without public input or debate
- even her aides were leery of how far she wanted to go. One wrote in an internal memorandum: “I have trouble coming up with a precedent in our peacetime history for such broad and centralized control over a sector of the economy….” Judicial Watch
- When questioned on the impracticality of having business pay for the cost of her plan: “I can’t be responsible for every undercapitalized small business in America.”American Spectator LET THEM EAT CAKE!
- Final two provisions: Hillarycare would have made it a crime punishable by imprisonment to see a doctor outside your assigned collective and another crime for your doctor to agree to see you under such circumstances. CATO Institute
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE AMERICA TO YOU?
Connect the dots and what do you get?
Hillary Clinton – Authoritarian-in-Chief!
Her authoritarianism should bother everyone, regardless of political persuasion
Does the Constitution Matter?
Only If You Care About:
- No one being above the law
- Preventing tyranny
- Your individual rights
It’s YOUR freedom!
Get to know the Constitution
Crossposted from Alexandria Tea Party