The following questions were sent to Sen. Tim Kaine’s press secretary on September 8, 2016 and again on September 12, 2016, both times with a deadline of close of business September 13, 2016 for any response or request for extension of time.
Would Sen. Kaine vote in favor of S.2230 – Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act of 2015 – if brought to a vote? If not, why not?
Does the Senator dispute any of the findings of fact in the bill? If so, which ones and with what evidence?
THERE WAS NO RESPONSE.
This is not surprising given Tim Kaine’s dalliance with fundamentalist Islamists. When Governor of Virginia, Kaine appointed a Hamas supporter to the state’s Immigration Commission. Kaine spoke at a dinner honoring a Muslim Brotherhood terror suspect. Moreover, he has taken campaign contributions from Muslim Brotherhood front groups, including the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) and CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations). Much more at Breitbart.
The Sharia TipSheet asked the White House Press office in January 2016 whether the President would sign S.2230 – Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act of 2015 (sponsored by Ted Cruz) – if passed by Congress. If not, why not?
The TipSheet also asked: Does the White House dispute any of the following findings of fact in the bill set forth below? If so, which ones and with what evidence?
These findings of fact were put to the White House:
- “Multiple countries have declared the Society of the Muslim Brothers (commonly known as the “Muslim Brotherhood”) a terrorist organization or proscribed the group from operating in their countries.”
- “The United States has previously designated global elements of the Muslim Brotherhood as foreign terrorist organizations, including … Hamas….”
- “Individual Muslim Brotherhood leaders have been designated by the United States as Specially Designated Terrorists”
- “The fact that the international Muslim Brotherhood engages in terrorism financing inside the United States was attested to in February 2011 by FBI Director Robert Mueller”
- Muslim Brotherhood affiliates “and their leaders, among others, were named as unindicted co-conspirators in the [Holy Land Foundation] case.”
- “the Muslim Brotherhood meets the criteria for designation as a foreign terrorist organization under section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1189)”
No responses were received to any of the questions or findings of fact.
This is not surprising, given this White House’s track record with the Muslim Brotherhood:
- Frank Gaffney of the Center for Security Policy has said of the Muslim Brotherhood that the Obama administration has “engaged with them, enabled them, empowered them,” and has even in some cases, decided to “fund and arm them.” Breitbart
- Pres. Obama met with Muslim Brotherhood officials when during a 2009 visit to Egypt. Washington Times
- In 2015, Pres. Obama met with Islamic leaders in the White House, some of whom have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. The names were released only after dogged media inquiries. Washington Times, Washington Free Beacon One of the leaders was Azhar Azeez, President of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), a Muslim Brotherhood-founded group known to funnel money to Hamas. Breitbart
- The Muslim Brotherhood created the Freedom and Justice Party in Egypt, members of which were hosted at the State Department in 2015. Washington Times
- Secret Obama directive backs Muslim Brotherhood despite devotion to same jihadi goals as ISIS. Washington Times
- The U.S. government helped to coordinate arms transfers to the Muslim Brotherhood and Al-Qaeda-linked groups to place pressure on Syrian President al-Assad. Jihad Watch
- Several Obama agencies stonewalling congressional investigation into immigration histories of 113 terror-tied individuals in the U.S. Washington Free Beacon
- Former Admiral: the Muslim Brotherhood has penetrated the Obama administration and every level of U.S. security agencies. Political Insider
If the Muslim Brotherhood is a good partner and tilting toward them is good policy, why won’t the White House answer questions or defend its chumminess with the Muslim Brotherhood in the cold light of day?
UPDATE 9/14/16 – S.2230 now has seven co-sponsors. A companion bill, H.R.3892, was passed out of the House Judiciary Committee on Feb. 24, 2016 (story here). H.R. 3892 has 64 co-sponsors.
Crossposted from Confrontations