The Obama regime has sprung into action despite the horse being furlongs from the barn.
Secretary of State John Kerry has named a new czar to improve transparency at the State Department as the agency struggles to overcome archaic recordkeeping practices and glacial handling of public records requests — shortcomings exposed by the continuing furor over Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email account as America’s top diplomat.
Ambassador Janice Jacobs will assume the newly created position of “transparency coordinator,” Kerry said in a statement Tuesday.
“Secretary Kerry takes very seriously our responsibility to the American people to be as transparent as possible and to preserve the record, as we must, of how we conduct diplomacy around the world,” State spokesman John Kirby said at a regular briefing for reporters. “The secretary is committed and focused to leading on these issues. … He knows that we can do better.”
As if they really gave a damn. There was no permanent Inspector General during Hillary’s entire tenure at State.
Another one of those Cosmic Clinton Coincidences.
Naturally, idiot liberals will be impressed with Kerry’s sincerity.
A second review of Hillary Clinton emails has determined that information on Clinton’s server was highly classified when it was sent and when it was received:
Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign and the State Department disputed the inspector general’s finding last month and questioned whether the emails had been overclassified by an arbitrary process. But the special review — by the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency — concluded that the emails were “Top Secret,” the highest classification of government intelligence, when they were sent to Mrs. Clinton in 2009 and 2011.
That’s pretty damning in itself. Here are the questions someone has to ask:
1. You have repeatedly said that State knew what you were doing. Who specifically knew?
2. You have repeatedly said that your having a private server to communicate official business was “allowed” by State. Who specifically allowed it?
3. You said that you set up a private server for convenience. You also said “There was so much work to be done. We had so many problems around the world. I didn’t really stop and think, ‘What kind of e-mail system will there be?’” How on Earth was it possibly more convenient to set up your own system?
4. You said that you were “not thinking a lot” when you came in. Does America deserve a President who is easily overwhelmed?
5. At first you claimed there was no classified information on your server. Why?
6. Did not recognize that information about North Korea nuclear weapons program was highly classified?
7. Should America trust the judgment of someone who so handles top secret information so cavalierly?
8. Do you have any idea what TOP SECRET // SI / TK // NOFORN means?
9. How did the classified information get onto your server? Who sent it?
10. Shouldn’t you have treated everything you received as classified?
11. Did you use your position to boost the Clinton Foundation?
12. As President, would you trust a Cabinet member who mishandled classified information in this manner?
These are question that demand answers, but don’t hold your breath. To wit, the Clinton campaign has blown the dog whistle and the NY Times Editorial Board rearranged the deck chairs on the Titanic to please Queen Hillary.
“Earlier this summer, following a series of faulty reports, I called on New York Times publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr. to take responsible steps necessary to reverse course on the seemingly institutional anti-Clinton bias at the paper,” David Brock, a professional Clinton booster, writes in a statement celebrating the move.
Clinton is portraying this event in terms of her being the innocent victim and many stupid people are succumbing to this perfidy. Not so fast.
As was pointed out over at PJ Media
‘It’s Not Classified Because It’s Marked; It’s Marked Because It’s Classified’
More on that here.
For God’s sake, she was the head of the State Department! EVERYTHING should have been treated as classified until proven otherwise at a later time. She is unfit for higher office and really should be stripped of her security clearance if it hasn’t already happened.
BTW, Andrea Mitchell is a dog. A stinking, lying dog. (Strong letter to follow) I wanted to call her something else but my wife vetoed it. It is defined either this way
A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain
Or this way
to pursue a faithless, unworthy, or idolatrous desire
So I’ll refrain.
Mitchell didn’t really press Clinton during her mostly kid glove exchange. Listen to this crap:
MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell did not ask Hillary Clinton as many questions about her private email server as she would have liked during an interview last week because she was worried that the Democratic presidential candidate’s staff would pull the plug on the Q&A, the reporter admitted on Tuesday.
“One of the issues is we were told we had a 15-minute interview,” Mitchell told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “I asked more than 12 minutes on emails before I felt, out of concern that they would cut it off, obviously, that I had to move on.”
“So, I couldn’t ask everything that I did want to ask,” Mitchell added. “But I think we did get a good chance to ask a lot of questions and discover that she did not have an answer for why she did the personal server in the first place.”
The interview lasted twenty nine minutes and forty three seconds.
Mitchell is a lying, ass-kissing dog.
In an attempt to reinvent herself for the umpteenth time, Clinton is now promising to show more “humor and heart.” Good luck. She has neither. As a demonstration of her contrition, Clinton got choked up. That’s the kind of toughness we need in a President. One wonders how long she had to practice.
Exit question: Can anyone name another Cabinet Secretary who had the Secret Service guarding a toilet?