In the series House of Cards, Claire Underwood is a highly ambitious, ruthless woman who will lie, cheat and steal to get what she wants and crush anyone in her way. People die around the Underwoods. She reminds one of another woman currently in the news.
A federal judge has exploded over the endless delaying of the Obama regime’s releasing of Hillary Clinton’s emails:
An irritated federal judge Thursday put the Hillary Clinton email scandal into stark terms, grilling the State Department on a pattern of delayed document releases that has turned a possible bureaucratic logjam into a major problem for the leading Democratic presidential contender.
U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon, known for his blunt manner, said he simply did not understand why the State Department has dragged its feet on responses for emails in requests to the Freedom of Information Act.
“Now, any person should be able to review that in one day — one day,” the judge said, examining a request for just over 60 emails. “Even the least ambitious bureaucrat could do this.”
Leon articulated what has been a major concern of State Department critics who contend that the agency is dragging out responses to FOIA requests to protect Clinton, who served as secretary of state during Obama’s first term. The judge’s complaints echoed those of Hill Republicans, who have accused the agency of slow-walking document requests in its Benghazi investigation to protect Clinton.
And uh oh….there’s a two month gap in Hillary’s emails at a particularly curious time:
Among the hundreds of emails released by the State Department from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private account, there is a conspicuous two-month gap. So far, there are no emails between Clinton and her State Department staff during May and June 2012, a period of escalating violence in Libya leading up to the September 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that left four Americans dead.
A State Department spokesman told The Daily Beast that for the year 2012, only those emails related to the security of the consulate or to the U.S. diplomatic presence in Libya were made public and turned over to a House committee investigating the fatal Benghazi assault. But if that’s true, then neither Clinton nor her staff communicated via email about the escalating dangers in Libya during those two crucial months. There were three attacks during that two-month period, including one that targeted the consulate. (Of course, email isn’t the only or even the preferred way State Department officials communicate about sensitive issues—especially if one of those officials is using a private server ill equipped to handle classified information.)
There were events taking place that demanded attention from the then Secretary of State:
Regarding the security situation in Libya, there was plenty for Clinton and her team to discuss via email. On May 22, 2012, the International Red Cross’s Benghazi office was hit by rocket-propelled grenades.
“The attack on the International Red Cross was another attack that also involved us and threats to the compound there in Benghazi,” testified Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wood, a senior State Department security chief in Libya, (PDF) before the House Oversight Committee in October 2012.
Then, on June 6, an improvised explosive device detonated outside of the U.S. consulate, ripping a 12-foot-wide hole in the compound’s wall and prompting officials to release a public warning on “the fluid security situation in Libya.”
Yet the State Department has not produced any emails to or from Clinton about the improvised bomb.
Are we to believe that Hillary sent no emails during those two months? Interestingly, the missing emails intersect with Human Abedin:
On June 3, Abedin, a longtime Clinton aide and personal friend of the Clinton family, was given the status of a “special government employee,” which allowed her to stay on the State Department payroll while simultaneously working for the Clinton Foundation, Teneo, a consulting firm founded by Clinton confidant Doug Band, and as a private adviser to Clinton regarding her post-State Department transition.
Clinton claimed that she had turned over all her work-related emails. That has already proven to be a lie.
Around 5:30 Thursday evening, a courier from the State Department delivered a packet of documents to the offices of the House Select Committee on Benghazi. The documents contained an admission that Libya-related emails between Clinton and longtime associate Sidney Blumenthal that Blumenthal turned directly over to the Benghazi committee had not been given by Clinton to the State Department. The discovery of the emails proved that Clinton, contrary to her public claim, had not turned over all her emails “that could possibly be work related.”
This issue is not going away. The real House of Cards is going to fall- it is only a matter of time.