For once I agree with what Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC’s Hardball, said. Matthews said that the Republicans “hate” Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama.
You remember Chris Matthews. He said in March 2008, that “I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg” as Obama spoke.
Fuming over what he said was insufficient outrage at Rudy Giuliani’s assertion that Obama doesn’t “love America,” Matthews said Republicans are “haters” seven times. Matthews said:
You want to know about that fight among Republicans running for President is all about? … It’s about who can hate President Obama the most. I will finish with the contest of hate that is going on among Republican candidates for president. Who can hate Obama the most?
Yes, we conservatives (and Republicans) hate Obama. But I don’t agree with WHY Matthews said we hate.
On October 30, 2008, Obama said “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.” That is the ONLY campaign promise he has kept. How has he transformed America? Here are just SOME of the reasons why we hate Obama.
- Pay their fair share of Taxes – Obama, in an effort to play the class card, has said many times that “the rich don’t pay their fair share” of taxes. That the assertion is untrue makes us hate him. Obama said in 2012 that, “Those who have done well, including me, should pay our fair share in taxes to contribute to the nation that made our success possible. We shouldn’t get a better deal than ordinary families…[.]” Well, in 2012, the top five percent of income earners paid a majority (59%) of federal income taxes. The top 1% of income earners paid 38% of federal income taxes. The bottom half of income earners paid only 3% of federal income taxes. Concerning the deal, the tax rate for the 1% was 23%, over seven times higher than the effective rate of 3% paid by the bottom half of income earners. Finally, the top half of income earners paid 97% of all federal income taxes in 2012. Bottom line: Obama is a liar. That’s why we hate him.
- Foreign Policy – Where to begin? Failures are literally world-wide. al Qeada, ISIS, Iran, leading from behind, strategic patience, Benghazi, the failed reset with Russia, withdrawal from Iraq, confusion in Afghanistan, red line in the sand in Lybia, peace feelers to Nicaragua, Cuba, and Venezuela. And what does Obama do? Lie, as with the Benghazi mess, say that his policies are successful, as in Yemen, and hold summits that tell us that Islam, his religion of peace, has been hijacked by extremists, and that WE are at fault because we didn’t provide jobs for the extremists. Protect us from terrorists? Nooooooooooo, all he does is tell us that terrorists don’t exist because HE killed them all. That’s why we hate him.
- Apology tour – How can we ever forget Obama’s apology tour in 2009? He went through Europe and Africa apologizing for America, notably in Berlin and Cairo. In Paris, Obama told the French that America “has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive” toward Europe. In Prague, he said America has “a moral responsibility to act” on arms control because only the US had “used a nuclear weapon.” That’s why we hate him.
- America Not Exceptional – And who can forget his comment about American Exceptionalism? He said that America is exceptional in the same way that “the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks in Greek exceptionalism.” That was Obama’s way of saying, “No.” That’s why we hate him.
- Wreck the Economy – The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (the stimulus) was an $830 billion spending blowout sold by Obama as a way to keep unemployment from rising above 8 percent. But the stimulus failed. 2009 marked the first of four straight years when unemployment averaged more than 8%. The unemployment rate would have been even worse, would still be above 8% if so many people had not quit the labor force, driving labor-participation rates to 1970s levels. Meanwhile, Obama expanded the Welfare roll by 41%. That’s why we hate him.
- Cut deficit in Half – Obama promised, while campaigning, to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. He didn’t even come close. He has, instead, increased the national debt to over $17 billion. That’s why we hate him.
- Green energy fiasco, refuse to put hand over heart when National Anthem played, DOJ and IRS scandals, illegal immigration, fossil energy, gun control, rule by executive fiat, “my way or the highway” politics, race relations, Internet Neutrality, the list is long and getting longer. That’s why we hate him.
Obama fundamentally changed America to look like he wanted it, Matthews. That’s why we hate him.
Further, on January 21, 2009, Matthews said, “Does Rush Limbaugh hate this country?” And to think that Matthews used to guest host on Rush Limbaugh’s radio show.
Cross posted at The Pot Stirrer