Current polls destroy Obama’s ridiculous claim that he is representing those people who didn’t vote.
An exit poll conducting by Kellyanne Conway’s The Polling Company found that three-quarters (74%) of voters believed that “President Obama should work with Congress rather than around Congress on immigration and separately.”
Overall, strong “majorities of men (75%), women (74%), whites (79%), blacks (59%), and Hispanics (54%),” in addition to tri-partisan majorities of “self-identified Republicans (92%), Independents (80%), and Democrats (51%)” did not want Obama to enact an executive amnesty on his own. Only 20% of voters wanted Obama to move forward with his executive amnesty.
“The President may be the last person in town to realize how resistant Americans are to him playing the Lone Ranger on amnesty,” the polling memo stated. “In fact, based on his press conference yesterday, he has either suspended disbelief or has no awareness of how the immigration issue and his threats to act alone contributed to his party suffering massive losses on Tuesday.”
Considering he get’s most of his information from the news, perhaps Obama is unaware of the situation?
One of the most notable shifts in the Democratic Party away from helping Americans over illegal immigrants has been with Obama himself, who in his 2006 autobiography actually wrote that Americans are hurt by waves of illegal immigration.
“[T]here’s no denying that many blacks share the same anxieties as many whites about the wave of illegal immigration flooding our Southern border—a sense that what’s happening now is fundamentally different from what has gone on before,” then Sen. Barack Obama, an Illinois Democrat, wrote in The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.
”Not all these fears are irrational,” Obama wrote in the passages which were highlighted by The Daily Caller’s Neil Munro on Monday.
“The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century,” Obama wrote. “If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole—especially by keeping our workforce young, in contrast to an increasingly geriatric Europe and Japan—it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net.”
Oops! Well, OK but what about all those “jobs that Americans wont do?”
But 80% of voters surveyed wanted “new jobs created by the economy to go to American workers and legal immigrants already in the country.” The view was shared across all regions—74% in the Northeast, 80% in the Midwest, 85% in the South, and 80% in the West–and among men and women (no gender gap).
As the Polling Company noted, these numbers turn “on its head the elitist idea that illegal immigrants ‘do the jobs that Americans don’t want to do.’”
“Voters overwhelmingly prefer an immigration system that protects American workers,” the polling memo states. “Therefore members of Congress should feel confident that voters will support actions using the power of the purse to protect American workers from Obama’s executive amnesty threat.”
Even the leaders of the Green Party?
Nader continued by saying the way to raise the minimum wage is by controlling immigration policy so that large numbers of foreign workers can’t drive wages down for American workers. He also argued that “a lot of liberals” have abandoned pro-American sovereignty immigration policies, in favor of open borders ideas, to the detriment of Americans – especially minorities.
“The second is, we need to crack down on employers who are blocking a $10 minimum wage and therefore can say, ‘Oh, Americans don’t want to do this work,’” Nader said. “Who wants to do this work for under $5.15 under terrible workplace conditions? So it’s a low wage policy that’s the root of this approach. A lot of liberals have bought into it because they confuse the strategic policy by the Wall Street Journal types with civil rights.”
Nader also argued that there is not much need for more imported foreign high-tech workers via H-1B visas, since not only does that hurt Americans seeking such jobs, it also hurts other countries worldwide.
Alright but What about Obama’s approval numbers? Greg keeps telling us that Obama still has a higher approval rating than Republicans in Congress, Right?
That lie was not only laid bare in last week’s midterm elections, where Republicans at every level of government crushed Democrats (and their media cheerleaders) in a tidal wave that hit blue and purple states, but also in new polling numbers from Gallup that shows GOP lawmakers currently enjoy a higher approval rating from the American people than President Obama.
As things stand today, Republicans in Congress enjoy a 42% approval rating. Obama, on the other hand, sits at a 39% approval rating. His disapproval rating sits at a whopping 56%.
When asked by Gallup who should have more influence over the direction of the country, a majority of Americans chose Republicans in Congress over Obama by a whopping 56-36% margin.
Wait, what about Congressional Democrats? What about all those Democrats and independents who stayed home and whom Obama says he represents? Their approval ratings for Democrats reflect support for Obama and the Democrats, right?
Where Democrats lost support was among their own and Independents. Last month 88% of Democrats supported their own party; that number is now down to 81%. Among Independent voters support for Democrats plummeted from an already low of 35% to just 25%.
OUCH! That’s gotta hurt! What possibly else could have led to this rejection of the Democrats?
The index is notable for the way it measures how free people feel, unlike other freedom indices that measure freedom by comparing government policies.
“This is not a good report for Obama,” Legatum Institute spokeswoman Cristina Odone told the Washington Examiner.
In the 2010 report (which relied on data gathered in 2009), the U.S. was ranked ninth in personal freedom, but that ranking has since fallen to 21st, with several countries, including France, Germany and the United Kingdom passing the U.S.
The nation’s overall personal freedom score has declined by 17 percent since 2009, with a 22 percent drop in combined civil liberty and free choice contributing to that decline.
Oh. What else could be upsetting “the People”?
A recent study by two Old Dominion professors found that enough non-citizens already vote in state elections across the country to “change the outcome of close races.” They found that “more than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote” and, their “best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.”
But, let’s get back to Obama. Whatever could upset voters so much about the President to give Congress to the Republicans?
1. Obama Administration uses IRS to target conservative, Christian and pro-Israel organizations, donors, and citizens.
2. In an unprecedented attack on the First Amendment, the Obama Justice Department ordered criminal investigations of FOX News reporters for doing their jobs during the 2012 election year.
3. President Obama, throughout his Presidency, has refused to enforce long-established U.S. immigration laws. For example . . .
4. Obama has refused to build a double-barrier security fence along the U.S.-Mexican border in direct violation of the 2006 Secure Fence Act. This law requires that “at least two layers of reinforced fencing” be built along America’s 650-mile border with Mexico. So far, just 40 miles of this fence have been built – most of it during the Bush Administration.
5. Obama’s unconstitutional assault on your Second Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms. (President Obama issued, in one day, 21 separate Executive Orders that attack and undermine your Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.)
6. Obama’s assault on Christians and religious freedom.
7. Obama forced ObamaCare on an unwilling public through bribery and lying about its cost.
8. Operation Fast & Furious.
9. “Federal Communications Commission (FCC): Regulated the Internet despite a court order from the Circuit Court of Appeals for Washington, D.C. stating that the FCC does not have the power to regulate the Internet.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
10 “Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Imposed Cross-State Air Pollution Rules on the state of Texas at the last minute and without an opportunity for Texas to respond to the proposed regulation. EPA overreach was based on a dubious claim that air pollution from Texas affected a single air-quality monitor in Granite City, Illinois more than 500 miles and three states away from Texas.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
11. “Department of Justice (DOJ): Rejected state voter ID statutes that are similar to those already approved by the Supreme Court of the United States. DOJ ignored section 8 of the Voting Rights Act which calls for protections against voter fraud, and used section 5 to administratively block measures to protect the integrity of elections passed by state legislatures.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
12. “DOJ: In violation of 10th Amendment, sued to prevent Arizona from using reasonable measures to discourage illegal immigration within its borders. Arizona has a large number of illegal immigrants, compared to other states, and needs to be able to act to reduce the number.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
13. “DOJ: Went to court to stop enforcement of Alabama’s immigration reform laws, which require collection of the immigration status of public school students, require businesses to use E-Verify, and prohibit illegal immigrants from receiving public benefits.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
14. “White House: Made “recess appointments” to the National Labor Relations Board and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau when Congress was NOT in recess. The Obama Administration has ignored the ruling by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals that the appointments are unconstitutional.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
15. “Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): Interfered with a Michigan church’s selection of its own ministers by trying to force the church to reinstate a minister who was discharged for her disagreement with the religious doctrine of the church.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
16. “Department of Energy (DOE): In 2009, the Obama Administration arbitrarily broke federal law, violated various contracts, and derailed the most studied energy project in American history at Yucca Mountain by denying it a license, thus costing the American people more than $31 billion.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
17. Department of the Interior (DOI): Forced Glendale, a family-oriented town in Arizona, to become another Las Vegas against its will by granting “reservation status” to a 54-acre plot in the town, where the Tohono O’odham Indian Nation plans to build a resort and casino.” (SOURCE: Report from Nine State Attorneys General)
18. Without Congressional approval, Obama gutted the work requirement for welfare recipients passed by Congress and signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
19. In the bailout of General Motors and Chrysler, Obama illegally shortchanged bond holders in favor of Labor Unions, despite U.S. bankruptcy laws that specify that bond holders be first in line to be paid back.
20. Eager to use the killing of Osama bin Laden for political gain, Obama exposed the identity and method of operation of the Navy SEALs team that conducted the operation in Pakistan, thus exposing its members to a lifetime of risk because they have been targeted for assassination by Islamists. A short time after Obama exposed the Navy SEALs’ method of operation, 22 SEALs were shot down and killed in Afghanistan. It is a violation of law for the President or any American to reveal classified military secrets.
21. President Obama established an extra-constitutional top secret “kill list” of people (including Americans) who can be summarily killed on sight – presumably by drones — without due process. Once on Obama’s kill list, an American citizen can be targeted and executed on the opinion of a single government bureaucrat. That’s not how our legal system is supposed to work.
22. Obama Administration officials twisted the arms of defense contractors to not issue layoff notices in October of 2012 so as to avoid causing bad news for Obama right before the election — even though federal law (the “WARN Act”) requires such notices. ; Not only is this a violation of the WARN Act, it’s also an unlawful use of federal officials for campaign purposes.
23. President Obama intervened militarily in Libya in 2011 without the Congressional approval required by the War Powers Act.
24. Obama knowingly lied to Congress and the American people about the killing of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya. The President and his representatives repeatedly said an anti-Islamic video sparked a spontaneous uprising in Libya that resulted in the killings even though Obama knew that the attack was a well-planned military-style assault by al Qaeda on the anniversary of September 11.
25. Michelle Obama’s family trip to Africa in June of 2011, including a private safari at a South African game reserve, cost American taxpayers $424,000 for air travel alone. Mrs. Obama brought along both her makeup artist and hairstylist, as well as her mother, a niece and nephew, and her daughters, who were listed as “senior staff members.”
Surely Obama must recognize that 2014 elections indicate that the public no longer supports his far-left agenda, and that perhaps he should move to the middle and moderate his policies with compromise? Quips Charles Hurt:
After last week’s drubbing by voters, you pretended humility at your White House press conference and acknowledged, “Republicans had a good night.”
And then you went on a despotic tirade that was about as terrifying as any words uttered by a sitting American president.
“So, to everyone who voted,” you said, “I want you to know that I hear you.” Then came the most chilling words: “To the two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you too.”
Let’s set aside the stingy, small, belittling arrogance you displayed here toward all the American voters who actually voted in this election. You mock and dismiss them.
Where you really came unhinged, Mr. President, is when you went on to say that you also heard all of the voters who did not vote.
Really? Are you hearing voices? Is this serious? Do you need to see a doctor?
I mean, what does it mean that you hear “voters” who did not vote? Do those nonvoting “voters” — a population twice the size of actual voters, according to you — carry equal weight to those who actually voted?
How do we know what these voters want? Or who they want in power? Or do we just have to trust you and your magical “hearing” powers to tell us?
So elections don’t matter. Only “voters” you hear matter.
The President who called “wolf” seems unaware that everyone is on to his mischief and are no longer amused. Even the “stupid people” are not buying the White House BS anymore