Susan Rice skipped over FOX News to give an interview about Benghazi and instead choose to get a softball interview by David Gregory. Chris Wallace called her out:
No perhaps there Chris. She would never have gone on FOX because if she had she she knew she would be ripped to shreds, especially if she tried to say this as she did to Gregory:
Asked by host David Gregory if she had any regrets about the interviews, Rice replied: “No.”
“Because what I said to you that morning, and what I did every day since, was to share the best information that we had at the time,” Rice said. “The information I provided, which I explained to you, was what we had at the moment. It could change. I commented that this was based on what we knew on that morning, was provided to me and my colleagues and, indeed, to Congress, by the intelligence community. And that’s been well validated in many different ways since.”
“That information turned out, in some respects, not to be 100 percent correct,” she acknowledged. “But the notion that somehow I or anybody else in the administration misled the American people is patently false. And I think that that’s been amply demonstrated.”
Minutes after the American consulate in Benghazi came under assault on Sept. 11, 2012, the nation’s top civilian and uniformed defense officials — headed for a previously scheduled Oval Office session with President Obama — were informed that the event was a “terrorist attack,” declassified documents show. The new evidence raises the question of why the top military men, one of whom was a member of the president’s Cabinet, allowed him and other senior Obama administration officials to press a false narrative of the Benghazi attacks for two weeks afterward.
Gen. Carter Ham, who at the time was head of AFRICOM, the Defense Department combatant command with jurisdiction over Libya, told the House in classified testimony last year that it was him who broke the news about the unfolding situation in Benghazi to then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The tense briefing — in which it was already known that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens had been targeted and had gone missing — occurred just before the two senior officials departed the Pentagon for their session with the commander in chief.
Yet Rice and other officials, including Obama, continued to peddle the video lie for two weeks. Why? Because it helped advance one of Obama’s central re-election campaign theme’s. His presidency would change how the Arab world viewed us and al-Qaeda was on the run. If al-Qaeda attacked us that would counter all that propaganda, if it was spontaneous over a video then hey, it’s all good.
So, after knowing all that Susan Rice still goes on TV and says she has no regrets.
Chris Stevens, Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods, and Sean Smith were unavailable for comment.