The unfortunate lesson is that you don’t need to win the vote on Election Day as long as your lawyers are creative enough to have enough new or disqualified ballots counted after the fact.
Mr. Franken trailed Mr. Coleman by 725 votes after the initial count on election night, and 215 after the first canvass. The Democrat’s strategy from the start was to manipulate the recount in a way that would discover votes that could add to his total.
Not a whole lot to be happy about with this win by Franken but at least now they own everything. They have a filibuster proof Senate. Either everything they have whined about for the last eight years gets fixed or they are outright liars. Scott said it best in the comments:
DEMS OWN IT NOW.
IT is EVERYTHING.
- if unemployment is still worse than when Obama took office, it’s their fault
- if GDP is still falling it’s Democrats’ fault
- if every American-EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN and most illegal aliens-don’t have the same high-quality/free medical coverage as Barack Obama…it’s their fault
- if Iran has nukes or is still pursuing them…it’s the Democrats’ fault
- if Pakistan is still on the brink…it’s the Democrats’ fault
- if Mexico is still on the brink…it’s the Democrat’s fault
- if there is still war in Afghanistan…it’s the Democrats’ fault
- if American troops are still in Iraq FOUR YEARS after promising to end the war…it’s the Democrats’ fault
- if there is a budget deficit…it’s the Democrats’ fault
- if there is a single pork spending program in ANY bill…it’s the Democrats’ fault
- if America is still dependent on foreign oil…it’s the Democrat’s fault
the list goes on. We can debate who caused what and how (and it’s ALWAYS a bi-partisan source), but the fact is that Democrats have unchecked power now, and should be able to do everything they’ve promised. If not, it’s their fault for misleading, and their supporters’ fault for believing the people who have lied and misled this nation and the world so grossly since 2002.
Call me crazy but me thinks once they fail at all of the above their fellow Democrats will make excuses for it all as Obama has done everyday since he has been in office.